Last Update : July 2011 || Check Out " Posts "

AC 3 Tier Vs Sleeper Class

Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 by Dexter in
2

This story starts with the interview call from DBS. I opened Indian Rail site with mixed feelings [I never wanted to leave Hostel in last semester of Engineering]. Before that night I never travelled with AC class. Technically it was second time but first one was compulsory journey. We had no choice that time [This story some other time. ;)]. But point is I never travelled in AC ‘intentionally’ before. This time institute was paying our travelling expenses. Hence I decided to book AC Ticket.

According to my friends, AC class is very boring. The people travelling in AC didn’t talk much. They always busy in their own ‘stuff’.  Overall Travelling in AC class is much boring than sleeper class! At first, I was expecting something like this. But In whole journey I didn’t even noticed that I am travelling in AC.  The only difference I found in AC and Sleeper is “White color”. The roof of AC was white instead Blue like roof of sleeper. This color gets my attention very much because in most of the journey I was lying down on Upper Berth. Though I was not contributing to some serious conversation going on in my compartment, I was enjoying every word of it. Most irritating thing was Child. Certainly I am very unlucky! Every time in my compartment, there is either small child or some old family with their own family issues. The problem with both is we can’t stop or interrupt their conversation. In both cases we have to listen what they are ‘forcefully’ dictating. Well, sometimes we can participate in Grandpa’s topic but Child…. Ohh gosh! They were crying like never cried before. And funny part is their guardian becomes more cautious in train journey which amplifies their sound waves.  Back to important topics, they were as widely diverged as in Sleeper Class. In that journey I went to Mars through Mumbai, India and US.  Their comments on recent technologies were too interesting and ‘original’ than any other professional presentation. The guy from side lower berth knew almost everything, from farming to repairing Chinese mobiles. In my observations, generally the people sitting on Side Berths are more talkative.

One more difference in both classes is Grey Blankets and White cushions.  I remembered my First journey. I entered AC compartment with my family. I had no Idea that they provides these blankets and cushions in AC class. After we chained our luggage, one guy came to me with those blankets and cushions. I thought he was some kind of seller. So I declined his ‘offer’. He was quiet confused, so was I [:P]. My uncle explained me what’s going on there. Hence this time when I saw those blankets on my seat, there was little smile on my cheek. 

Most important difference which I Didn’t noticed in this Journey is “AC”. I don’t know what the hell with AC in our compartment but I didn’t notice a bit of ‘Air Conditioning’ there. 

One common thing which I enjoyed in both these classes was “SLEEP”. [:D]

2 comments:

  1. nice post, i'm badly missing those long train journeys :|

  1. Dexter says:

    Next time I will be writing on Plane Journey !

P.S. : Pardon Grammatical Mistakes ... ;)