Last Update : July 2011 || Check Out " Posts "

English

Posted: Sunday, October 3, 2010 by Dexter in
0



"English is a West Germanic language that arose in the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of England and spread into what was to become south-east Scotland under the influence of the Anglian medieval kingdom of Northumbria. Following the economic, political, military, scientific, cultural, and colonial influence of Great Britain and the United Kingdom from the 18th century, via the British Empire, and of the United States since the mid-20th century, it has been widely dispersed around the world, become the leading language of international discourse, and has acquired use as lingua franca in many regions. "

Says Wikipedia ! 

You can read other definitions also . These are more or less same. But what do you think ?
I hate English !! [surprising... huh ! ]
Not because I don't have interest in it but my Brain  [:O] hate this.
My  "Broca's area" (?) and "Wernicke's area"(?)  gets inactive when i see English . ( Sorry dudes , as i m from Biotechnology , you will get many such 'New' words ..:P ... Google them if u want ... else leave it !).
Since 5 th grade , i m trying to find answer to this question. Unfortunately i don't have answer yet .

I know almost 5 languages. Marathi, Hindi, English , Sanskrit , Russian ( Yes .. I know Russian ). Lets not consider Sanskrit and Russian [:P] as they were part of my academic curriculum.
Now consider my Birth ...
October 1989 ...
According to my mom i was started talking after 8-9 months.
July 1990 ...
I started my academic career ( sounds funny ! but technically right ) on my age 3
June 1992 ...
I was from Marathi Medium school and Indian government was not much interested in English at that time which result in my actual English education started from my 5 th grade !
June 1999...
I completed my 10 th grade in
March 2005...
Now consider I have all preliminary knowledge of English [ I am afraid so .. :P]
Up to 10 th grade my medium for exam was Marathi.
Actual English education started from my 11 th
May 2005...
Now from May 2005 to today October 2010 calculate number of hours.
Approximately 53 Months...
1590 Days ...
38160 Hours...
Now consider my sleeping time is 8 hours a day ! [ Actually it is totally wrong ! specially when I am in Engineering ... but consider "8" as standard ] Which left us ..

25440 Hours ...


P.S. :  I never saw my any Dream in English !
P.S. 2 : Even in one of my dreams i was speaking Alien Language !! [;)]


Now deduct other hours like Bathing , Eating , Roaming, Chatting etc ... say 4 hours a day !
[ Again .. try to understand Engineering students ! I am considering Ideal Timing !!]
19080 Hours ...
Deduct working Hours .. 8 hours a day [:O] !
[ Now our time will adjust in these hours ... :P ]
6360 Hours ...
For Entertainment and relaxing... say 2 hours a day !
[ We have already covered missing hours in " Working Time " .. :P]
3180 Hours ...
Deduct miscellaneous 1 hour a day ...
Which left us surprisingly ..

1590 Hours !!

I got only 1590 Hours in 1590 Days to 'Learn' English or 'Improve' English ...
Oxford English Dictionary published in 1989 contains 22000 pages ...
For our sake consider only 1590 Pages ....

Which leads me to 1 page 1 Hour
Say there are 60 words on each page .

Now 1 word for 1 Min. ...

Now you tell me ....
Why the Hell .. I will Like English ??

0 comments:

P.S. : Pardon Grammatical Mistakes ... ;)