Last Update : July 2011 || Check Out " Posts "

"Re" Search

Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 by Dexter in
0

"hahahaha... "
First reaction of most of people when I told them that I want to continue in research. Some gave me sarcastic smile, while other just say "good" [ I m damm sure that their "good" = "God ! Geek !" ]. Even sometimes I got advice that " There is still time ... go to MBA." I dont understand why this field is so isolated that anyone related to it is "Alien" to others.
I have observed many people when i told them my " Future plan ". Last few days I was analyzing my observations about this fact [ As I am in Final Year of Engineering ... It is most questioned question in last few months .. " Whats Next ? "]. According to me , there are two main reasons for such reply ...
1. They really dont know what 'Research' is ...
2. They thinks person is not capable of such 'High (?) ' activities ...
There may be more options but in Indian communities these two are prominent. I think option second is most observed. Up to some extent , it is natural. But most important factor we should consider is cultural background. This factor is responsible for very less attraction toward this profession. From ancient time very small number of person are found in this field because public was follower of religion or related people. And working on something which may break your established believe was very hard in that time. But when we are discussing it in 21th century , we should consider most important thing responsible for all activities in world...  " Money ". Economics has very high influence on research field.
Well ... I am talking from my experience. I am student. Hence think in student's view while reading further article.
Whenever I discussed this topic with other students, most of the time I found "Money" is the root of all the things in their life. They choose nice college for getting high paid jobs. They choose branch not on basis of interest but Companies and their salary. They study for getting marks so that their resume will be attractive. They do projects and internships becausae it affects their interview with HR manager. Even they choose their dreams or aims which offers more economical benefits.
One important cross question asked by most of people in such discussion is , " What will you get from research while everything in our life is controlled by money ..  then why the hell we go to research field ?"
The only answer to this question is ," What will you get from Money ?".
Some time I wondered why we Born ? Really , Still I cant answer this question satisfactorily . All life cycle is natural event occurred during expansion of this world [ It is also Man Made assumption ... We cant be sure .. :P ] and Transferring Mass & Energy . Lets left this BIG topic for some other day [or some other Blog .. :) ]... Main point is some questions are unanswerable. We can not express their answer in words.
We can not just run towards money. Most of people do because they dont know there are other options. We can get more satisfaction in discoveries and mystery than comfortable lifestyle. The Great words from Einstein .. " The most beautiful thing on earth is Mystery" . It is not important to go in Research Field to see these mystery or to gain this satisfaction. Some found in pictures while some in poems. Some may found in their comfortable life [ sorry dude, now I cant help u ]...

But One should "Re"Search himself at least once in lifetime ...


P.S. : Most of you are thinking "what the hell " is this article ... but never mind ... You are really not a     "Research" person ...

P.P.S. : These are my experiences rather feelings ... you have right to disagree ... :)                  

0 comments:

P.S. : Pardon Grammatical Mistakes ... ;)